January is a time of renewal and a recommitment to health, and BrightFresh® Microgreens are on point with these Micro Power Bites! This no-bake treat has all-natural ingredients that'll get your day started on a healthy note, with our Micro Rainbow Mix multiplying the nutrition in each bite!
We start with nature's sweetness and goodness but stay away from processed ingredients. There's nothing like raw honey and natural peanut butter for taste, but consider how they are the perfect binder to these bites (and other no bake treats you might indulge in). All the other ingredients that come from Mother Nature. Take a look!
A fun fact about our Micro Rainbow Mix: it's a combination of over six herbs and microgreens. These vary slightly depending on the season, but you can always count on the magenta red beet plus kale, arugula, broccoli and radish. The combination of these vegetables in microgreen form results in a blast of flavor, color and nutrient-density you can't find anywhere else! Plus, because microgreens are the most nutrient dense when consumed raw, these Power Bites are the perfect raw, natural treat.
As mentioned, these power bites need a good binder to hold things together, so we chose raw honey and natural peanut butter. The oils act as moisture for all the ingredients and create a delicious "glue" that you won't be able to resist!
So whether your food priorities are convenience, nutrition, meal prepping for kids or something else, these Power Bites should slide easily into your food routine. Meal prep today and enjoy them all week! Our goal is to help you incorporate healthy eating into your daily routine. Pop them into you kid's lunches, your hubby's lunch or easily pack into your purse for mid-morning or afternoon boosts.
So why choose wisely? Because food is medicine, food is healing and you are what you eat - all cliche's with a strong ring of truth to them. These Micro Power Bites are a true superfood, a whole food, high in protein, healthy carbs, fats, and fiber, which helps build lean muscle mass, boost energy and aid weight maintenance. Yes, they may taste like your favorite candy bar, but they are in essence a sweet treat energy boost with no guilt!
The procedure is a fun one. You may want to get your kids in the act and show them how fun and delicious healthy eating can be. To say that these power bites go perfectly in lunches and back packs is an understatement. The final product is small but mighty, fits in a snack zip lock bag and keeps in the fridge for at least five days! The more you make, the more you can pack in small zip lock or beeswax bags. Your kids will thank you and be thrilled to find this in their lunch box.
Enjoy the video, then scroll down for the play-by-play recipe:
· 1 cup peanut butter – try natural with oil because pb is also a binder.
· ½ cup raw honey – don’t heat too long or honey loses its nutritional magic.
· 2 cups Rolled Oats plain, instant or regular.
· ½ cup shredded coconut flakes, sweetened and toasted.
· ½ cup MINI choc chips (mix) and regular-size carob chips 4 stamping.
· 1 cup divided: Cranberries, raisins, boysenberries. Anything TINY!
· 1 cup finely chopped BrightFresh® Micro Rainbow Mix microgreens.
· 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract.
· ½ cup of each: Hemp seeds and ground Flaxseeds.
1. Heat honey to liquify (in microwave, 15 seconds).
2. In a Large Mixing Bowl: mix the peanut butter and honey to make the binder.
3. Add dry ingredients: rolled oats, hemp seeds, ground flaxseed, coconut flakes, MINI choc chips, cranberries/berries, seeds, and vanilla.
4. Finely chop the Micro Rainbow Mix and fold into mixture, cover with plastic.
5. CHILL in fridge for 1-2 hours!
6. Lay out a wax paper-lined sheet pan. Form bite-sized balls and rest.
7. Place the balls into a container. Refrigerate or freeze for up to 3 months.
KITCHEN TOOLS (no oven necessary):
Wax lining paper
Storage containers: Bento Box, To Go Box, Tupperware
Or pack them in trios (3 bites) they will fit into any sandwich bag or zip lock
LIVE WELL. WITH BRIGHTFRESH®