Updated: Oct 27
The kicker is the Asian-style Guac and our Micro Kale Mix
This Asian inspired grilled, #vegan portobello mushroom burger is full of delicious umami flavor! It's lathered with Asian-style guacamole, topped with a cucumber ribbon salad, crunchy carrot slaw and our healthy, delicious #microgreens! Make this for your next gathering and use the extra salad toppings as sides! A burger your family and guests won't soon forget!
2 large Portobello Mushrooms
1 bag Carrots (aka shredded carrots)
1 Cucumber, ribboned
Burger Buns (we used Gluten-free ones)
BrightFresh Micro Kale Mix
Miso Paste Ingredients: In small bowl, mix all ingredients below to create a Miso Paste.
1 tbsp. Miso paste
1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
2 tbsp. Sesame oil
Salt & Pepper
Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients below to create the dressing.
4 tsp. Rice Vinegar
1 tsp. Sesame Seeds
1/5 tsp. Sugar
1/5 tsp. Salt
1 Scallion, chopped
Asian Guacamole ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients to make the guac.
1 tsp. finely chopped Ginger
1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
Salt & Pepper
Lime squeeze (for less chunky guacamole)
1. Brush the Miso paste onto both sides of your mushrooms. Be generous! Set aside.
2. Add your vinaigrette evenly to both your bowl of shredded carrots and your bowl of ribboned cucumbers (If you don't have a spiral tool, use a regular carrot peeler.) Toss well! Set aside.
3. Next, preheat your grill or use a skillet that allows for grill marks. Apply an oil spray, or brush oil onto grill.
4. Place mushrooms top-side down and grill for 5-7 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Flip!
Next, grill burger buns to your liking (grill marks or just warmly heated).
5. NOW, the FUN part...Assemble your portobello mushroom burger!Start with guac on each side of bun, then add the mushroom and top with all three sides: cucumber salad, carrot salad and our Micro Kale Mix!
We suggest cutting in half before taking that first bite. This way you can enjoy all the flavors at once. It's a hearty bite-full. Enjoy!
(Inspiration: feastingathome.com, May 30, 2018. Recipe credit: Sylvia Fountaine, PNW Chef)
LIVE WELL. BE WELL. WITH BRIGHTFRESH!