We get it, you need to beat the heat and make sure you're in tip top shape to enjoy all of your Summer outdoor activities. That's why we felt inspired to bring you a bowl of Summer that'll bring the energy and fun to your next backyard hangout or outdoor picnic.
This colorful bowl of nutrition has a beautiful balance of protein, carbs, Summer fruit and veggies! We decided that our Micro Rainbow Mix is the perfect microgreen blend to use.
The best part about this recipe is that you can store it in the fridge and eat it again for dinner or lunch the next day! If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think.
Serves 6 (can be doubled for families, large gatherings)
2 cups Spiral (Fusili) Pasta
1/4 cup fresh Cucumber
1/4 cup fresh Yellow or White Peach (or any Summer stone fruit that has a delicate sweetness)
1/4 cup fresh Red Cabbage
1/4 cup fresh Carrot (we used Rainbow Carrots for color and fun)
1/4 cup fresh Zucchini
1/4 cup fresh Broccoli
1/4 cup fresh Celery
11oz canned Tuna
1 cup BrightFresh Micro Rainbow Mix microgreens
1 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Start up a pot of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, throw in pasta and cook until al dente (7-9 min)
2. Chop all the fresh veggies into bite sized pieces, julienned or diced!
3. Once pasta is cooked, strain well. Place into large bowl.
4. Add in all the fresh cut veggies, canned tuna, and 1 cup of Micro Rainbow Mix microgreens.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
6. Drizzle Caesar salad dressing into mixture and continue tossing.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Then serve!
Recipe inspired by Taste of Home Magazine (Jun/Jul 2020 issue)